Spending time with the kids can be everywhere. It can be in the family room where parents and kids watching movie together while eating popcorn, going out for dinner, family vacation, etc. However, most quality times are spent with little snack aside or meal. So, here are fun kitchen experiments you can do with the kids.
For some family, doing fun things in the kitchen is also a best way to have quality time with the kids and you can try to do it too. Doing some fun experiment in the kitchen will always fun as parent and a kid make a meal together while other members are sitting in the dining table which is close to the kitchen set and make conversation all together.
So, without further do, here are fun kitchen experiments that might inspire you to test them out.
- DIY candy rock
Candy is the perfect treat for sweet tooth, including children, and none of them can resist the sweet taste and its cute shape.
Here are steps:
- Pour water into the saucepan and bring it to the boil
- pour at a time sugar until it dissolves. If you want to add flavor add few drop and turn off the heat
- put skewers in and let it coated in sugar.
- Then place the sugar coated skewer into the sugary solution which you have poured in the glass with the food color.
- Let the rock raising by letting it sets in 2 to 3 days.
- Once it is removed, you get the colorful candy rock.
By only using three ingredients including water, food coloring, white sugar and you can add flavoring if you want, your kids will get excited as they make it.
- Fun experiment of ice & salt
This second one is cool activity that your kid will absolutely love to do.
To do this experiment, you will need:
- plastic container to make ice
- food coloring
- a tray
And here steps you need to follow:
- First, fill the plastic containers with water and freeze them up.
- Once it turns into solid ice, sprinkle a handful of salt. Your kids will notice how fast the ice melts down.
- at this points, let your kids do this step to drop some food colorings all over the ice
3. Firework inside the glass
This is the other fun experiment which will blow your kids mind. All you need are food colouring, warm water, oil of any kind.
- First thing first, fill in a ¾ glass part with warm water
- Put some drops of various food colouring in different glass
- In that glass, pour small amount of oil to break the color beads
- then pour the colourful mix into the warm water glass.
Voila, your kids have fireworks inside their glass.