Who doesn’t love this soft textured snack that has a hole in the center of it? Almost no one disagree that doughnut is tasty, eat-friendly for kids and adults, and they taste as sweet as the love on Christmas. If you are looking for some recipes for Christmas Doughnuts, here we will reveal some of the best for you to cook in the end of this month. Let’s check them out.
To make some doughnuts, first you need to prepare the ingredients, they are not hard anyway, you can find the ingredients just on the store near your house, or even you had them already. You will need some flour, sugar, baking powder, egg, milk, vanilla, and cooking oil. See? There is no complicated ingredients to make a Christmas doughnut, everyone including you definitely can do this.
There are two kind of doughnut you can try, first with the glaze frosting or sprinkles on the top of it, or you might as well prefer the other kind, which only covered by powder sugar. Whatever your choice is, they are both suitable for Christmas time. Let’s see how to make it.
Making Doughnut With Doughnut Maker
For you who think that simplicity is everything, you might consider to purchase a doughnut maker, so that you won’t need to shape the batter into the doughnut shape. This is how you make Christmas doughnut with Doughnut maker:
You will need some ingredients below :
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Mix and stir the dry ingredients : flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add egg (both the yolk and the white part), vanilla, and milk.
- Mix with the electric mixer until 1 minute. You can also mix them manually by hand.
- Add the cooking oil and continue to stir one more minute. The batter is ready to be put into the doughnutmaker.
- Oil up the doughnutmaker with cooking oils, so that the doughnut would not get sticky to the pan when it is cooked.
- Spoon the batter into the doughnut maker, close the lid and wait until the batter transforms into a slightly golden brown. Pop them out with some spoon ore fork.
Garnishing the Doughnut
Once you have your doughnut, then you can try to give some frosting or sprinkle to make it looks like it is made only for Christmas. You might want to use the sprinkles that is colored red, green, and white to make the doughnut more like a Christmas snack.
It is also a good idea to cover the doughnut only by powdered sugar and make them looks like Olaf from the movie Frozen. Of course your kids will be happy seeing this on Christmas.