12 Healthy and Delicious Christmas Dinner Ideas
To live is to have a delicious yet healthy food, especially on the special day like Christmas. There are actually many choices of menu you can choose for Christmas Dinner. As long as you think everyone will like it, then you should try cook them this year. Here are some ideas for the surprisingly unforgettable Christmas Dinner.
Before scrolling to the recipes, first you need to keep in mind about the nutrition of the food. Whenever possible, your family deserve a healthy food. Then try to combine the healthy ingredients to make Christmas Dinner. But cooking a healthy meal can be delicious too if you know how to do it.
For Christmas Dinner, it is advisable to cook something that is not too heavy yet can make everyone happy. Another important point to notice is you will be having this meal together with everyone, then try to make it enjoyable together.
Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Christmas Tree Bread
Imagine you are sitting around the table and having this meal together. Furthermore, the smell of the cheese make your saliva production increases. Then no one can be patient to take a bite for this meal.
To make this special food, firstly you need to prepare the ingredients below :
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Egg wash
- Marinara sauce
- 1 lb Pizza dough, refrigerated
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 7 Mozzarella sticks
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
How to make it :
- Firstly, preheat your oven in temperature of 450° F. Then cover the baking tools with baking sheet with parchment paper. Of course after that you can cut the mozarella sticks to 1 inch and set aside.
- After that, divide the pizza dough into two parts. Make them stretch and roll into a long rectangle, then cut into 2 inches wide square. For one serving, you will need about 33 square of dough.
- Next, put the mozarella into the dough square, to form a tightly sealed ball. Place this ball until it shaped like a Christmas tree (make sure they are touching each other). Cover the dought with egg wash. Bake 15-20 minutes until the color of dough change to golden.
- While you are waiting for it, whisk the parmesan, herbs, and melted butter. After the pizza balls cooks well, brush this mixture on top of it. Finally, serve this warm with marinara sauce.
Baked Mashed Potato
Another good recipe for a Christmas Dinner is baked mashed potato. It is really soft and melts on the mouth, and almost everyone like it. Besides, it is so healthy you can eat a little bit more every time.
Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Christmas Dinner is not complete without some beef or pork, they said. To make it more healthy, actually you can add some salad to become the side dish.